Current News and Research
- Minnesota Family Sues Farmer after Son Sickened by E. coli from Raw Milk
- First Lawsuit Filed in E. coli Cheese Outbreak (Bravo Farms Cheese)
- Detection of Coxiella burnetii in commercially available raw milk from the United States
- Pasteurization: Implications for Food Safety and Nutrition
- How Milk Quality is Assessed
The FDA and CDC have issued a news release reminding consumers of the dangers of drinking unpasteurized milk. The release was triggered by a report in the March 2, 2007 issue of Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report which outlines the E.coli 0157:H7 outbreak in Washington/Oregon of December 2005.
The FDA has also published a "frequently asked questions" page regarding raw milk.
The following Current Events may also be of interest:
The Cornell University Department of Food Science has issued a Position Statement on the consumption of raw milk products.